Reviews from Our Clients

  • “The team is great and professional.”

    Happy Client

  • “Honest, trustworthy, and hardworking”

    Vicki S

  • “I immediately knew if I ever needed him as a lawyer he was going to be my secret weapon in court.”

    Ray & Christina V.

  • “There are no words to describe how glad we are that we hired his law firm.”


  • “Looked out for my best interests and supported me”

    Lori N

  • “He took on my case with only 5 days until we had to go to court and he represented himself as if he knew me for years.”

    David Villanueva

  • “The judge had no choice but to side in my favor.”


  • “Dennis was there for me, stood by me thru the entire ordeal and made me feel safe at all times!”

    Tammy A.

  • “The results my family and I received from working with Dennis Slate were better than I thought possible.”


  • “I was awarded $2.1 million in damages.”

    Happy Client

  • “I have used him for various personal transactions and he never disappoints!”

    Lisa M.

  • “Everyone I encountered at this firm is amazing and they do their jobs very, very well.”


  • “Thank you for your hard work, and for treating Mike and me with respect...”

    Charlotte S.

  • “It was a relief to be able to place my situation in capable hands.”


  • “Do yourself a favor, trust Dennis Slate and his team to represent you in your time of need.”


Do You Need an Adult Name Change in Texas?

Get Help from a Pearland Same-Sex Family Law Attorney

Same-sex divorces can be, no doubt, a complicated matter. From deciding matters related to child custody to handling alimony payments, there are plenty of things that can go wrong if you decide to go through the matter without the help of an LGBT family lawyer.

One issue that consistently springs up is forgetting to actually change your name again after your same-sex marriage is dissolved, which can lead to some serious legal complications if left unaddressed.

Did you go through a same-sex divorce and your original name was not restored? Let us help you! Contact our firm today.

Name Changes Can Be Complicated – Get Experienced Assistance

Was your divorce rushed? Was the presiding judge seemingly unfamiliar with family law in relation to same-sex marriages? If so, it might not come as a surprise to discover that mistakes were made in the process, including forgetting to have your birth names restored.

Thankfully, there is a way for you to petition to have your name altered, but it is a lengthy and tricky procedure to those unfamiliar with family law. We are here to help you from start to finish.

You will appreciate the legal counsel we can give you and the tasks we can accomplish, including:

  • Requesting correct legal forms
  • Helping you complete forms and create copies
  • Filing petition with the appropriate county clerk
  • Representing you in court in certain cases
  • Notifying relevant agencies of your name change

Don’t Let a Simple Matter Cause Big Problems – Let Us Help

To those who have not been through a same-sex divorce, an adult name change might seem like a nonissue. We understand, though, that your name is your identity and you want to be able to say it proudly and comfortably.

When the people of Pearland, Texas come to me for assistance with their same-sex family law issues, our priority is their priorities. We truly believe that everyone deserves to find peace of mind.

Accolades and recognitions of attorneys at our firm include:

  • 10.0 “Superb” Avvo rating
  • Over 100+ years of collective legal experience

Restore your former name as seamlessly as possible with our help. Schedule your consultation today.

Why Choose Us?

  • Over 100 Years of Combined Legal Experience

  • Named One of the Top Family Law Firms in Houston by H Texas Magazine

  • 10/10 Avvo Rating

  • Attorney Slate Served in U.S. Military for 25 Years

Need Help?

Send us an email to get in touch with our legal team. We would love to hear about your case.
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter your county of residence.
  • Please enter a message.
Please note, the attorneys at Slate & Associates, Attorneys at Law, are only licensed to practice in the state of Texas, and cannot assist with out-of-state cases.
  • NAFLA 2022
  • Board Certified Texas Board of Legal Specialization
  • Houston Texas Magazine
  • Expertise Best Divorce Lawyers in Houston
  • Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb Top Attorney Family
  • Super Lawyers